MMXIII

Happy New Year’s Eve, and welcome to my blog! I’ve been meaning to start a blog for the longest time now, and in a carpe diem moment, decided it was better now, than never. I’m excited for what’s in store, and hope you will journey through the upcoming year with me as I post about happenings, inspirations, music, thoughts, books, fashion, and everything in between.

ashley

Assignment for Conclusions (2) Preparation for final exam

Your assignment for today is to continue thinking about what main points you will want to make in your final exam essay. Read the instructions for the final exam, read through your own previous essays to be reminded of what themes you have been writing about, read back through notes from some of our classes, and make a list of some key goals, values, assumptions, and methods you might want to focus on in your essay.

In class we will think together about how you could outline an exam essay articulating your own main goals, values, and assumptions, and what they imply for your own learning about religions, in response to our four authors.

Oh, and if you borrowed any textbooks from me at the beginning of the term, please return them during this class or, at the latest, the final exam.

Assignment for Conclusions (1) Concluding reflections

We will use this class to start to pull together some of the larger lessons about religious studies, and about education in general, that we can take from this semester.

Your only assignment for today is to start thinking about what main points you will want to make in your final exam essay. In class I will distribute a printed copy of my “notes from class” from the entire term. We will think back about the main goals, values, assumptions, and methods that we have discussed this term, and start to think ahead toward your final exam essay.

Oh, and if you borrowed any textbooks from me at the beginning of the term, please return them sometime this week or, at the latest, the final exam.